Are you looking for a remote opportunity to use your extensive experience managing all aspects of a small law firm? We are a group of experienced legal administrators who support solo and small law firms in all areas of operations and start up. We need to add a legal operations specialist to our team. The position will be remote with some travel to meet with team and/or on-site client visits. We are looking for a commitment of at least 20 hours per week with some flexibility.
Our clients range from solo practices to firms with 40+ attorneys across the country. DLC Consulting Services started in 2013 and continues to grow
The primary functions of the position are:
• Coordinate law firm start-ups from soup to nuts or specific areas of operation for solo and mid-sized firms.
• Assess law firm operations in the areas of financial, IT, human resources, and operations.
• Implement changes in processes and procedures in law firms.
• Evaluate, recommend, and implement legal software.
• Manage law firm moves.
• Develop and document law firm procedures in all areas, e.g., client intake, on-boarding, billing.
The ideal person will have the following skills, experience, and abilities:
• 5+ years of overall management experience in a law firm with between 15 and 50 people demonstrating leadership skills in human resources, information technology, facilities, and financial management.
• Substantial project management experience.
• Experience with law firm billing and accounts payable.
• Experience reviewing and analyzing law firm finances including budgeting.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and foster positive and professional working relationships.
• Ability to communicate concepts and information effectively and respectfully in writing and orally.
• Ability to develop trusted relationships with attorneys and law firm leaders.
• Strong change management skills.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
• $60 to $70 per hour depending on experience.
• The firm closes between Christmas and New Year.
• Flexible work schedule.
To be considered send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Team Position” in subject line.