This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for a Reception Concierge to join our team in Anchorage.
This position is responsible for answering incoming calls, greeting clients, receiving deliveries, assisting visitors, managing the front areas, working with attorneys and staff on a variety of administrative matters and other tasks as assigned.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Answer and dispatch incoming calls for office
- Communicate via email with attorneys and staff to a variety of inquiries and requests for assistance
- Greet clients and notify attorneys and/or staff of their arrival
- Escort visitors to scheduled offices and conference rooms and ensure their needs are met
- Serve as “concierge” to visitors as appropriate
- Receive mail and hand delivered materials, scan and deliver to attorneys and staff
- Maintain on-line calendar for multiple conference rooms and using discretion when booking and prioritizing or coordinating room changes
- Assist staff and attorneys with reserving conference/meeting rooms and visitor offices and assure rooms are properly serviced
- Assist visitors with all reasonable needs they may have such as copying, faxing, scanning, transportation, reservations, etc.
- Maintain a clean and organized appearance of the reception area, visitor offices and conference rooms ensuring that they are stocked and ready for use at all times
- Assist AV team in setting up and facilitating video conferencing
- Key in attorney time on a daily basis working with assistants to proof and close
- Maintain petty cash
- Assist with preparation of marketing materials
- Assist Office Administrator with event planning
Join us if you have:
- 3+ years’ experience as receptionist or administrative assistance in an office environment
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Ability to provide exceptional, mature customer service to DWT attorneys, staff, clients and other visitors
- Ability to communicate in a courteous, effective and professional manner with clients, attorneys, staff, clients and other visitors
- Experience using a multi-line phone system preferred
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy in recording names, phone numbers and messages
- Excellent and accurate keyboarding skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain professional composure
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, adapt quickly to change and effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work well in a team setting as well as independently
- Ability to handle confidential materials and conversations
- Ability to maintain a business-like appearance
- Ability to sit at a work station for lengthy periods of time with occasional breaks
- Ability to read and write English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms, and frequently required to sit, stand, walk, and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer, and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
To learn more and apply, visit careers.dwt.com!