The Federal Public Defender for the District of Alaska is accepting applications for the full-time, permanent position
of CJA Panel Administrator. The official duty station will be Anchorage, Alaska. The Federal Public Defender, a
branch of the U.S. Courts, operates under the authority of the Criminal Justice Act, 18 U.S.C. §3006A to provide
defense services to indigent persons in federal criminal cases and related matters in the federal courts.
2023-01 CJA Panel Administrator
Are you looking for a remote opportunity to use your extensive experience managing all aspects of a small law firm? We are a group of experienced legal administrators who support solo and small law firms in all areas of operations and start up. We need to add a legal operations specialist to our team. The position will be remote with some travel to meet with team and/or on-site client visits. We are looking for a commitment of at least 20 hours per week with some flexibility.
Our clients range from solo practices to firms with 40+ attorneys across the country. DLC Consulting Services started in 2013 and continues to grow
The primary functions of the position are:
• Coordinate law firm start-ups from soup to nuts or specific areas of operation for solo and mid-sized firms.
• Assess law firm operations in the areas of financial, IT, human resources, and operations.
• Implement changes in processes and procedures in law firms.
• Evaluate, recommend, and implement legal software.
• Manage law firm moves.
• Develop and document law firm procedures in all areas, e.g., client intake, on-boarding, billing.
The ideal person will have the following skills, experience, and abilities:
• 5+ years of overall management experience in a law firm with between 15 and 50 people demonstrating leadership skills in human resources, information technology, facilities, and financial management.
• Substantial project management experience.
• Experience with law firm billing and accounts payable.
• Experience reviewing and analyzing law firm finances including budgeting.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and foster positive and professional working relationships.
• Ability to communicate concepts and information effectively and respectfully in writing and orally.
• Ability to develop trusted relationships with attorneys and law firm leaders.
• Strong change management skills.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
• $60 to $70 per hour depending on experience.
• The firm closes between Christmas and New Year.
• Flexible work schedule.
To be considered send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Team Position” in subject line.